Regardless of the specific poker game you are playing, there are several keys to
being a successful and profitable poker player. Please read the poker strategy
that we have prepared for you, so you will start earning real money playing
Important poker strategy
1. Be conservative - Poker players, and even entire poker games, can be described
as either tight or loose. A loose poker player stays in every hand until
the showdown, bets and raises with any kind of hand,
even mediocre hands, and generally loses more money than he makes from the
poker game. A tight poker player folds most hands before ever making a single
poker bet. The tight poker player does not spend money throwing chips into the
pot to save earlier bets. He knows that a bad hand is a bad hand, and he will skip
Tip: Poker is a game of patience. Good poker players know that they will
lose little amounts of money on many hands, while waiting for the right hand to
come along and win a big one.
2. Play fewer rounds - You should only be playing about 25% of hands which is a
cardinal rule of online poker that nearly everyone violates. If your
hand is not good enough- don't play it.
3. Know the odds - You don't have to be a mathematician, and there is no need to
memorize long tables of statistics and poker strategy. Just be observant and try
to assume how many cards of each kind are still in a deck.
4. Know when to be aggressive - It is most certainly possible to play to tight. When a
good hand comes along, go for it and raise, and then raise
again. That's when a good poker player will earn his money.
5. Don’t call – if you should be aggressive some times, than be aggressive which means betting or raising. Calling means someone else is in
6. Bluff rarely but do bluff. A bluff works best when no one expects it. The other
players won't expect a bluff from a conservative type player, or from a poker player
with a never bluffing reputation. You must bluff occasionally, though.
Otherwise, the other players will know you have a good hand any time you bet
aggressively, and they will fold any time it happens.
7. Weigh cost against the pot - in some cases you might have a hand you wouldn't
normally play with. Although, If you have stayed in the hand, and you are close
to the river, consider how much is in the pot versus how much you have to call in
order to stay in. If it will only cost you 5 more dollars to stay in a hand
with 250 dollars in the pot, it's definitely worth the risk. You could lose
with that hand 50 times, but if you win it just once when there is a
significant pot, you will make good money from playing poker. Don't ever be
afraid to quit. A good fold will save you more money than a good bet will make
Now you know more poker strategy than
95% of the poker players, want to start playing? Play poker.